I’ve written about content marketing and the need to create posts that are relevant to your business and target audience. Now, I’m going to hit you with another task…content promotion. After all, why create if you don’t promote?
What’s the point of creating those fantastics blog posts is nobody reads them? Content promotion is just as important as content creation. But how do you do promote your content?
One recent marketing authority stated that the most successful content creators promote on at least seven social media channels. Wow! That’s a lot — enough to give anyone hives. Or is it?
Here are a few easy ways to promote a single blog post:
- Email newsletter.
- Marketing email to a landing page.
- Tweets. Be sure to tweet it several times, and ask for retweets.
- Google+ posting.
- Facebook posting.
- Sharing in LinkedIn.
- Pitch influencers in your industry who can share your content.
- Pitch bloggers and site owners, and ask them to share your content.
- Mention your content when you comment on other websites and blogs.
Here’s your homework assignment…spend an equal amount of time promoting the content you create. Next up on the blog, how to minimize this time for maximum exposure.
Leave a Comment